The Basics of Timber Frame Construction
Basics of timber frame construction
Topics will include:
– History of timber framing
– Design and joinery considerations
– Fabrication and Installation techniques
– Sustainability: forestry practices, re-use, sequestered carbon
– Applicability for natural wall systems
Relevance: Timber frame construction has always been a community event, especially on raising days when friends and neighbors come together to celebrate the frame being stood and the house starting to take shape.
Dave is the General Manager at Elevated Design Build, a full-service design, and construction company located in Fort Collins, CO specializing in heavy timber construction and green building practices. Dave has an architecture degree from the University of Washington and has been involved in over 500 projects throughout his career, including a number incorporating straw bale and other natural building techniques. While the craft of timber framing is his passion, he won’t pass up an opportunity to get muddy.